Thursday, May 6, 2010

The Right to Bear Arms.

This cartoon shows the abusing of the Second Amendment by Congress. I think that Congress doesn't really agree with this Amendment since it generally increases crime rate and death.
Even though this right is guaranteed, it is not always a good decision.

According to the Second Amendment, A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

I think people should and shouldn't carry guns. When people carry guns, crime rates increase. If the Second Amendment did not exist, crime rates probably would rollercoast. They would go up because people coudln't defend themselves. Then they would go down because people don't have fatal weapons. The Second Amendment really doesn't have an affect on me because I don't carry a gun.

1 comment:

  1. Really provocative cartoon here! Still, I think you're missing some things:
    1. Why would congress be holding a gun if they didn't agree with the 2nd Amendment?
    2. Why is D.C. the target? Was D.C. in the news about gun laws?

    I think we need to get to the root of these questions!

    ReplyDelete